Pav Bhaji (Marathi: पाव भाजी) is a fast food dish that originated in Marathi cuisine. It is native to Maharashtra and is popular in most metropolitan areas in India, especially in those of central and western Indian states such as Gujarat.Pav in Marathi means a small loaf of bread. Bhaji in Marathi means vegetable dish. Pav bhaji consists of bhaji (a thick potato-based curry) garnished with coriander, chopped onion and a dash of lemon and baked pav. The pav is usually buttered on all sides. (by wikki) I like it most one of my favourite food. i made it according to my taste .
- 4 Potao (Boiled & roughly mashed)
- 1/2 cup Chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup Bottle gourd(optional)
- 1/2 cup Cabbage (Finely
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 Onion (Finely chopped)
- 2 Tomato (Finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Pav Bhaji masala(Mdh Pav Bhaji )
- 1/4 cup chopped clinatro
- 2 Green chili
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- salt to taste
- In a Pressure cooker add 1 cup of water . peel the potato and cut in to two pieces , add all the vegetable and cook untill 2 whistle and swtich off the heat . cook it in steam for 5 mintes.Keep aside all the Boil Vegetable.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Saute green chile for 30 seconds, then stir in onions . Cook until onions are brown.
- Add tomatoes, and cook until pasty. Stir in cauliflower, cabbage, peas, carrots and potatoes. Season with pav bhaji masala.
- Add 2 Tablespoon butter , Cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt, and stir in lemon juice.
- Toast Pav with butter .
- Serve garnished with chopped onion, green chile and cilantro.
Note: Do not Boil the peas with all vegetable . Add bloiled peas at last before 2-3 minutes ago when Bhaji cooked ,otherwise peas will be mashed with all vegetable and taste will go .
Linking this to Radhika,s event lets-cook-18-starters-appetizers.html