In India Dum aloo is very famous recipes and people made it in diffrent ways according to their taste . i am making punjabi style dum aloo. it is very rich in flavour and tasty curry.
- 6 small Potato(partially blolied)
- Oil for fry the Potato
- 2 Big Tomato (Finely chopeed)
- 2 Onion(Paste grind in the blender)
- 1cup yogrut(curd)
- 1Tbsp Besan\GramFlour (optional)
- 1 Tsp cumin seeds
- 1Tbs coriender powder
- 1 Tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chili powder
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- Cilantro leaves for Granshing(Finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp clarified butter or ghee
- salt to taste
- In a pot or pressure cooker praboiled the potato (cook partially).Peel and prick all over with fork and shallow fry. Keep aside.
- In pan heat oil on medium heat and put cumin seeds in it .
- when cumin seeds sizzle , Add onion paste, and saute it until onion truns brown.
- Add tomato,ginger garlic paste ,coriender powder,red chili powder,grama masala ,salt and saute this paste until it leaves the oil . continuous stirring is required.
- Add yougrt and fry for 1 minutes .
- Add 1/2 cup water when it comes to boil add Potato and cover the pan .
- Cook covered for 5- 6 minutes. Granish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot with rice, roti ,Naan.
Tips : if u want it more delicious then you can add cashew paste in it ,after the tomato cooked